Grace studied Law in Trinity and then went on to qualify as a Chartered Accountant and Tax Consultant. She has worked in big 4 practices Arthur Andersen/KPMG and EY and in a boutique tax practice in Dublin. Grace has over 12 years’ experience working specifically in the area of tax. Grace advises on all areas of taxation (Income Tax, Corporation Tax, VAT, CAT, CGT and stamp duty) and uses her legal background to resolve technical tax queries for other colleagues and clients.
Her particular areas of expertise are as follows:
- Advising families on the intergenerational transfer of farms and businesses in a tax efficient manner.
- Capital Acquisitions Tax (gift and inheritance tax) planning, maximising applicable tax reliefs.
- Advising on residence and domicile issues.
- Advising on the tax implications of divorce and separation.
- Advising on Capital Gains Tax and the availability of reliefs on the sale of an asset or a portfolio of assets.
- Advising solicitors and executors in relation to the tax obligations of the executors of an estate and advising on the final distribution of the estate.